Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- Irvine Murdock Passed away at the CHUS Flerimont, Sherbrooke, QC on February 2, 2009 at the age of 79 years. Beloved husband of Gladys Craswell. Dear father of Cathy (Thomas Bergmann), Karen (Lawrence Organ), Diane, Janet (Ralph Jacobs), Gwen (Gervais Binette), Tracy and Julie and his eleven grandchildren. Murdock aso leaves to mourn his brothers and sisters Russell Irvine (Wanda), Helena Lyons (late Norman), Graydon Irvine (late Mary), Marina Payne (late Charlie) and he was predeceased by his sisters Bertha Harvey (late Elmer) and Isobel Mann (late Weston). He also leaves to mourn his brother-in-laws and sister in-laws Glen and Shirley Craswell, Betty and Jack Adams, Freida and Alfred Harvey, Denzil and June Craswell and Boyd and Julie Craswell. A service will be held in Campbellton New Brunswick at a later date. As a tribute to his memory, donations to The Heart and Stroke Foundation of Quebec, 2630, rue King Ouest, bureau 100 Sherbrooke, Quebec J1J 2H1 would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to The Cass Funeral Home 819-564-1750
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont in Sherbrooke, QC, on September 19, 2009, Mr. Robert Johnston at the age of 92. Loving husband of the late Rheta H. Massey, and dear brother of the late George Johnston (the late Shirley), the late Ruth French (the late Gerald), the late Ernest Johnston (the late Irma), Ivan Johnston (Fran, and the late Gweneth), and the late Miriam Johnston (the late Elton Pike). Robert was predeceased by his brother-in-law Gordon Massey. Robert also leaves to mourn his many nieces, nephews and dear friends. A memorial service will be held at the Wales Home, 506 Rte 243 N, Richmond, on Wednesday October 21st at 10:00 AM, followed by a graveside service at St-James Cemetery, South Durham, on Friday October 23rd at 11:00 AM with the Rev. Andrew O'Donnell officiating. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, Richmond. 819-826-2502
- Jones (The Reverend) Maxwell C.M. 1912-2009 Peacefully at the Grace Christian Home(Huntingville) Sherbrooke, QC on Monday, July 27, 2009 in his 98th year. Beloved husband of the late Bessie (Rowsell) and by his second marriage the late Sylvia (Wormsley - McComb). Dear father of Martin (Greta) and cherished grandfather of Terry (Josée), Karen Carson (Philip Desilets) and several great grandchildren. Resting at the St.George's Anglican Church Lennoxville, QC on Thursday July 30, 2009 from 1 to 2:30 pm followed by the funeral service at 2:30 pm. Rev Keith Dickerson officiating. Interment in the Elmwood Cemetery Perth Ontario at a later date. Many thanks to all the staff at the Grace Christian Home. In lieu of flowers, donations to The Pope Memorial School (Bury QC) Library Fund , 523 Stokes St. Bury, QC J0B 1J0 will be gratefully appreciated by the family. Arrangement sentrusted to the Cass Funeral Home (819) 564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca
- Suddenly at the CHUS Fleurimont , Sherbrooke Qc., on Tuesday June 23, 2009 at the age of 80 years. Albert James, beloved son of Beatrice Cassidy and Art James,and husband of the late Laurel Westman. Dear father of Richard (Uta) King City, On., Allan (Margaret Clark) Bishopton, Qc., Katherine (Reg Decoteau) Grand Valley On., Marie , Cindy (Malcolm Bennett) Bishopton, Qc., and predeceased by his sons Ronald and Andrew. Albert is the cherished grandfather of Ron Jr., Kenneth and Penny James, Peggy Haliday, Robert and Steven James, Jody, Travis and Jeremy James, Christina, Kyla and Gerry Decoteau and Joey Bennett. He was the great grandfather of 10. He is survived by his brother Arthur (Olga) , his daughter in law Nancy James and his sister in law Norma Westman. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 554 Principale St. Bury, QC J0B 1J0 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may call on Friday June 26, 2009 from 1 to 3 pm followed by the funeral service at 3 pm Rev Barbara Willard officiating. A private interment will take place at the Lakeside Cemetery Bishopton at a later date. As memorial tributes, donations to the St. Paul's Rest Home, 592 Main St. Bury Quebec J0B 1J0 will be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- February 24, 1913—May 14, 2009 Gordon was born on the family farm in Brookbury, son of Curtis Joyce and Effie May Cook. He attended schools in Brookbury, East Dudswell and Bishop’s Crossing before graduating from Macdonald College with a teaching diploma. He worked as a game warden for the Compton Fish and Game Club in North River. In 1935 he found employment at the S. N. Bishop Casket Company where he worked for 41 years, rising from fabric gluer to factory manager. He served his community in the municipal council and on the school board. Always a strong supporter of the United Church, he served as an elder and as a steward. For 20 years Gordon owned and maintained the municipal waterworks. Gordon was predeceased by his wife Frances England, brother Lester and sister Florence (Sam Shirley). He is survived by daughters Myrna (Edward Rowsell) and Barbara (Kenneth Goslett) and granddaughters Susan Rowsell, Norene (Scott Robinson), Beth and Kate Goslett. He is great grandfather to Everett and Arden Robinson. A celebration of Dad’s life will be held May 24th at 2 p.m. in the Lennoxville United Church, 6 Church St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville),QC. Rev Barbara Willard officiating. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxbville), 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca
- Died on February 8th, 2009 at the CHSLD Foyer Richmond at the age of 84. Predeceased by her husband George Johnston. Shirley is survived by her children William, Melvin and Pauline and is predeceased by her daughter Margaret. Dear grandmother of Marie, Brenda, Tanya, David and Andrea. Daughter of the late Lisle Pike and the late Eleanor Griffith. Shirley is pre-deceased by her sister Noreen (late Wilbur Wiggins), and brothers Elton (late Miriam), Lorne (late Patricia) and Ralph (Sylvia). Left to mourn are her brothers-in-law Robert Johnston (late Rheta) and Ivan Johnston (Fran and the late Gwen). Also pre-deceased by her sister-in-law Ruth (late Gerald French) and brother-in-law Ernest (late Irma). At Shirley’s request, cremation was held, to be followed by a graveside service in the Melbourne Ridge Cemetery at a later date. The family would like to thank the staff of the Foyer Richmond for their excellent care. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, Richmond. 819-826-2502 \ www.casshomes.ca
- Peacefully at the Connaught Home in North Hatley on Sunday, October 4th, 2009, Marge left us at the age of 94. Wife of the late Jack Keeley and mother of Larry (Dawn), Skip, and Jackie (Don) grandmother of Sandy (Laura), Lesley (Julius), Ben (Brooke), and Michael (Annika) great grandmother of Alexa, Jack, Dominic, and Jax. Special 'Nana K ' to Doni (Karen), Jeremy and Dylan, Ardina (Andrew) and baby Chantz, as well as all the " little people" at Blueknoll. Marge was the loving sister of Larry (late Adeline), Ruby (Paul) and Barbara (Jim). She was predeceased by her brothers Donald (late Audrey) and Norman (late Fern). Visitation at Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), QC. J1M 1T9 (819)564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca on Thursday October 8, 2009 from 7 to 9 pm with a memorial service at the funeral home on Friday October 9, 2009 at 11am. Internment at Ruiters Corner Cemetery in Stanstead. Marge had an incredible capacity to love others and to reach out in kindness to everyone she met. To honour this legacy and in lieu of flowers, Marge would say, "Go do something nice for someone and put a smile on their face!" The family would like to thank all the staff and Marge's friends at the St.Francis Manor for the love and support shown to her and especially to Bev Grey for her compassion as a nurse and friend. A very special thank you is extended to the staff at the Connaught Home for the excellent 'round the clock' nursing care that Marge received in her final week, and especially to Sue Black who was there when we needed her most. May God bless all of you! Marge is now in a better place, no doubt playing the piano along with Jack on his banjo, fiddle and mandolin. May they continue to provide music, fun, and laughter to one and all.
- Passed away peacefully on Thursday November 12th, 2009 at the CHUS Fleurimont hospital in Sherbrooke, Sylvia Lockwood in her 76th year. Wife of the late Bert Lockwood, and dear mother of Judy, Rick, and Debbie. Sylvia also leaves to mourn, her brothers Murray (Betty) and Mac (late Marlene), her brother-in-law David Lockwood (Bev), along with many nieces, nephews and dear friends. A graveside service will be held in the Danville Protestant Cemetery on Tuesday November 17th at 11:00 AM with the Rev. Andrew O’Donnell officiating. Donations to the CHUS Foundation, 580 rue Bowen Sud, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2E8, or to the Quebec Lung Association, 222-855 rue St-Catherine E., Montreal, QC H2L 9Z9, would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 819-826-2502 www.casshomes.ca
- Suddenly on her 86th birthday, October 12, 2009, Remona passed away peacefully at West End Villa, Ottawa, Ont. Beloved wife of the late Franklin Hearn. Dearly loved sister of Marilyn Stickles (Jim Fletcher). Predeceased by her brother Russell (Evelyn) and also survived by her brother-in-law Allen Hearn (Rosemarie), nephews and nieces Collin, Clayton and late Carol Laberee, Scott and Sharon Stickles, Mark Hearn and many great nephews and nieces. Resting at Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig St., Cookshire, QC, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca, where friends may call on Friday October 16, 2009 from 7 to 9 pm and on Saturday October 17, 2009 from 10 to 11 am followed by a funeral service at 11 am officiated by Rev. Ron West. Interment in the Cookshire Cemetery. In her memory donations to the Alzheimer Society , 375, rue Argyll, Édifice Norton, Local 0725, Sherbrooke, QC, J1J 3H5 or the Heart and Stroke Foundation 2630, rue King Ouest, Bureau 100, Sherbrooke, QC, J1J 2H1 would be appreciated. Special thanks to the staff at St-Paul's Rest Home, Bury and West End Villa, Ottawa for all the compassionate care they provided during Remona's time with them.
- Peacefully at the foyer Weedon on Monday September 21, 2009 at the age of 80 years, Goerge Wilbur Lebourveau beloved husband of Rita Willey and dear father of Mary (Eddie Harvey) and the late Henry. George was the cherished grandfather of Roy (Dominique), Albert (Kristen), Julia (Allen), James (Mary) and Raymond Mitchell and great grandfather of Ethan and Carson Lebourveau. George also leaves to mourn his special friends Ronny and Janet Casteur and his son Colby. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 554 Main St., Bury, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may call on Monday, September 28, 2009 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 and on Tuesday September 29, 2009 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2pm. Rev. Wendy Evans officiating. Interment in the Grace United Cemetery, Brookbury, QC. As memorial tributes, donations to the CLSC-CHSLD du Haut -St-François - Foyer Weedon, 460, 2e ave., Weedon, QC, J0B 3J0 would be gratefully acknowledge by the family. Goerge's family would like to thank the staff of the Foyer Weedon for the wonderful care given to George and a very special mention to Suzanne Turmel for all her special attention.
- Passed away at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Wednesday, July 22, 2009, in his 80th year. Adoring husband of Mary McKellar and dear step-father of David and Stephen. Norman will also be sadly missed by his sisters: Beverley, Lila, Marlene, June, and Kay and his brothers : Leslie, Michael, Allan and Richard; along with his brothers and sisters-in-law, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213 on Tuesday, July 28, 2009, where friends may visit from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.. Respecting his wishes, cremation will take place and there will be no service .
- Fortier, Marie-Blanche (nee Lutes) At the C.H.U.S-Hôtel-Dieu Sherbrooke, onWednesday June 17, 2009 at the age of 87 years. Marie-Blanche Fortier wife of the late Lucien Fortier. Dear father of Rita and her friend Gerard Doyon. She was the sister-in-law of Antoinette (late Joseph Perron), Raymond Fortier, Eglantine Fortier, Noëlla Fortier, Gilles Fortier, Laurette Fortier, late Philippe Robert, late Adrien Fortier, late Marie-Ange (Arsene Martin), late Armand Fortier (Eveline Dougherty), late Angéline (Gérard Carrier) and the late Julien Fortier. She also leave to mourn nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig St. Cookshire, QC J0B 1M0 819-564-1750 / ww.casshomes.ca where family and friends may visit on Monday June 22, 2009 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and on Tuesday June23, 2009 from 9 to 10:45 am . A funeral service will be held on Tuesday June 23, 2009 at 11am at the St-Camille Catholic Church in Cookshire , QC followed by the interment at the St-Camille Catholic Cemetery. Donations to the Foundation du CSSS Du Haut-St-François, 460, 2nd Ave. Weedon, QC. J0B 3J0 would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Passed qway at the Maison Aube Lumiere on Wednesday, May 13, 2009, at the age of 85 years. Cherished father of Ginette (Yvan Guay) Denise (Tony Di Rosa), Diane (Tommy Meehan) and Francine (Jean Dion). Loving grandfather of : Marjolaine, Caroline, Nancy, Gina, Jason, Christopher, Jean-François and Marie-Michelle. Romeo will also be sadly missed by his great-grandchildren, brothers and sisters, half-brothers, half-sisters, along with the family of his precious companion of 35 years, the late Yvonne Lacroix, many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. 819-876-5213 on Sunday May 17, 2009, where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and on Monday, May 18 from 9:30 a.m. Until departure for the Sacred Heart Chuch at 10:45 a.m. where the funeral service will be held at 11:00 a.m.. The family wishes to express their most sincere appreciation to the personnel at the Maison-Aube Lumière for their devotion, invaluable encouragement and gentleness toward our father and us during his stay. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Maison Aube-Lumière, 220 Kennedy Nord, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1E 2E7 would be greatly appreciated by the family..
- Peasefully at the CHUS Hôtel Dieu Hospital Sherbrooke QC on Thursday March 5, 2009. Frances LeBaron a long t ime resident of North Hatley. She was the beloved daughter of the late Bert B. LeBaron and the late Alberta Lambert. Frances was predeceased by her two brothers Eric and Stanley. She is survived by her niece Elizabeth LeBaron. A special thank you to Joyce Phaneuf for her exceptional care given to Frances. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 3006College St Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca. A spring buriel will be held in the Lakeview Cemetery at a later date.
- Mackenzie Phyllis Peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont on Thursday January 8, 2009 at the age of 84 years. Phyllis Pearl Lloyd beloved wife of the late Jack Mackenzie and dear mother of Sharon (Richard Rodrigue), Carmen (Lawrence Coates) and Elaine (Dale Coates). Phyllis was the cherished grandmother of Isabelle and Phil Rodrigue, Christopher Coates, Eric (Melissa) and Emily (Jay Wilson) Coates. Great grandmother of Collin James Rodrigue. She will be sadly missed by her many nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 554 Main St., Bury, QC 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca where friends may visit on Tuesday January 13, 2009 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm. Visitation will be at the Trinity United Church Cookshire, QC on Wednesday January 14, 2009 from 1:30 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2pm Rev Barbara Willard officiating. Interment in the Lingwick Cemetery, Gould, QC ., at a later date. As memorial tributes donations to the Pulmonary Association of Quebec, 800 Boul.de Maisonneuve Est , Bureau 800, Montreal, QC,. H2L 9Z9 will be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at the C.H.U.S. Hospital Fleurimont, Sherbrooke Quebec on April 7, 2009 at the age of 79 years.Beloved husband of Jacqueline Roy and dear father of Kenneth Maver and Katherine Maver (Ray Browne) and his step daughter Joanne Lachapelle and his grandchildren Robert 'Rob' Maver, Michael A. Maver, Andrew Browne and Sean Browne. He also leaves to mourn his first wife Brenda Ayers and his brother- in-laws Paul and Fernand Roy and his sister- in-laws Francine and Nicole Roy as well as many cousins of the McIntosh and Cully families. A funeral service will be held on Tuesday May 12, 2009 at the St-Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 256 Queen St Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) at 2 PM Rev John Barry Forsyth officiating, Family will be at the church one hour prior to the service to receive condolences. Donations to the C.H.U.S. Foundation, 580 Bowen South, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 2E8 would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to Cass Funeral Home, 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca
- Passed away after a lengthy illness at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Friday, April 17, 2009, in his 79th year. Loving brother of: the late Melvin, Nelson of Calgary, the late Elmer (Helen) of High River Alberta, Arnold (Tina), and Jamie (Violet) of Edmonton Alberta; Clayton will also be sadly missed by his nephews: Dwight (Lori), Russell (Wendy), Robert (Hedrun), and Eric (Donna); along with other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 900 Clough, Ayer’s Cliff 819-876-5213 /www.casshomes.ca on Thursday, April 23, 2009 where friends may visit from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. followed by the service in the funeral home at 4:00 p.m. with Reverend Canon Ronald West officiating. Interment will take place in the Danville Protestant Cemetery at a later date. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the IOOF Ayer’s Cliff Branch Alexandra #59, c/o Ernestine Whipple, 5710 Fairfax Rd., Stanstead East, Qc. JOB 3E0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away March 14, 2009 Rev Canon Alain Milot. Leaving to mourn are his wife Lynne , daughters Anne and Ericca (Greg), his grandchildren Lily, Trinity, Patience, Aurora, Landon, his mother Clarisse (Bob) and his father Remi, his sister Marlene (Dan) and his brother Chris (Elaine). Resting at the St Mark's Chapel Bishop's University Lennoxville where family and friends may call on Friday March 20, 2009 from 7 to 9 pm. A Funeral service will be held on March 21, 2009 at the St Mark's Chapel Bishop's University Lennoxville at 2 pm Venerable Rev Heather Thomson officiating. Interment at a later date. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers donations to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation, 1501 rue Campbell R.R.#2 Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully, with his family by his side, on Saturday February 7th, 2009, Paul V. Morin at the age of 74. Loving husband of 48 years to Norma Lancaster, and dear father of Sheila (Dan Courville), Colleen (Philip Boersen) and Corey. Special Grandpa and Papa of Ian, Amanda, Jennifer and Andrew. Dear brother of Marion (the late Hans Jehle), Wilfred (Sylvia), Jerome (Dorothy) and Vincent (Carole). Paul also leaves to mourn his brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law Hugh (Jeannine), Raymond (Marjorie) and Mona-Lee (Gerald McGee), along with many nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, QC (819) 826-2502 \ www.casshomes.ca , where friends may visit on Monday February 9th from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm, and on Tuesday from 9:30 to 11:00 am. A funeral mass will be held in the St-Felix de Kingsey Catholic Church on Tuesday at 11:30 am followed by the interment in the parish cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations to The Heart and Stroke Foundation, 2630 rue King Ouest, bureau 100, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 2H1, or the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330 rue King Ouest, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Montgomery, Walter Elwyn Peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond, Que., on Sunday January 25, 2009. Born at South Durham Quebec on March 18, 1923. Dear friend of the late Mavis Johnson (1994). Dear uncle of Larry and Donna Peat of Thorndale, Ontario and great-uncle to Donald and Brent Peat. Dear uncle of Charlene Randle-Clayton of Kincardine, Ontario. Cherished friend of Elaine and the late Gary (2008) Johnson of Montreal and their daughters Tami and Lori. Also a dear friend of Bryan and Lynda Johnson of Florida. Walter is also survived by several cousins. Predeceased by his parents Clement G. Montgomery (1954) and Margaret L. Montgomery (1952), brothers Ellis Montgomery (1980) and Arthur (Clifton) Montgomery (2001), sisters Vivian E. Peat (2006) and sister-in-law Margorie Montgomery (Healy) (1996). Walter was a lifelong employee of the C.N.R. and worked as a blacksmith in the Point St. Charles shops until his retirement - December 31, 1985. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S. Richmond, QC. 819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca. Visitation at the funeral home on Friday January 30, 2009 from 12 to 1 pm followed by the service at 1 pm with Rev Andrew O'Donnell officiating. Spring interment to follow. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations to the St-Anne's Anglican Church, 171 Principale sud Richmond, QC. J0B 2H0 would be appreciated and acknowledged by the family. Please print on Thursay January 29, 2009 No Photo
- Passed away suddenly at the C.H.U.S. Fleurimont on Sunday, January 25, 2009, at the age of 83. Cherished husband of Cécile Gélineau and loving father of : Rita (Eugène Roy), the late Renald (Hélène Morin), Francine (Fernand Brisebois), Hélène, (Marcel Dufresne), Michel (Kimberly Bronson), Johanne (Gaétan Grégoire), Guylaine (Michael Sheldon); dear grandfather of : Sylvain, Marlène, Stéphanie, Pascale, Étienne, Vincent, Francis, Vicky, Mathieu, Phillip, Amélie, Marc-Antoine, Kurt, and Chelsy. Jérôme will also be sadly missed by his ten great-grandchildren, along with his brother and sisters: Albany Martin (Anita), Jeannine (feu Roland Fortin), Angèle (feu Gérald Renaud), sister-in-law Solange (the late Fernand Martin), many nieces, nephews, brothers and sisters – in-law, other relatives, and many friends. He was pre-deceased by his brother Robert and sisters Claire and Adrienne. There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home on Friday, January 30, 2009, in the presence of his ashes from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. Also on Saturday from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m., followed by the funeral service in Sacred Heart Church at 11:00 a.m.. As a tribute to his memory, donations to the C.H.U.S. Hospital in Fleurimont, 3001 12e Ave. Nord. Sherbrooke, Qc. J1H 5N4 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away at his residence in Ayer’s Cliff, Qc., on Friday August 21, 2009, in his 83rd year. Beloved husband of Edna May Salter and loving father of: Donna (Dennis), Edward (Sylvie), Margaret (Myles), Jack (Gayle), Frances (Todd), and Alison. Dear grandfather of eighteen grandchildren and six great-grandchildren. Guy will also be sadly missed by his sisters Frances (Gordon) and Betty. He was predeceased by his brother Earl. A private service will be held in the Reedsville Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, donations made to the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog, 50 St-Patrice Est., Magog, Qc. would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to The Cass funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. 819-876-5213/www.casshomes.ca
- Passed away peacefully at the Connaught Home in North Hatley on July 12, 2009. Malcolm(Mac) was born to William and Annie Donoughy (MacDonald) on September 13, 1917 in Stornoway Quebec. He was educated in Quebec and in 1940 he enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Force in Ottawa. Following training in Canada and overseas he was posted to 76 Squadron Bomber Command in England where he met and married his beloved wife of 65 years, Joan D. Hemingway. As a pilot, Mac flew 40 missions in the Halifax Heavy Bombers over heavily defended targets in enemy occupied Europe. His skill and valour merited the Distinguished Flying Cross. Mac exemplified the 76 squadron motto "Resolute", Following the war, Mac worked with The Royal Bank of Canada and later Butterfield division of Litton Industries where he retired as treasurer-comptroller. Mac served as District Governor of Rotary International and President of the Rotary Club of the Boundary. He was recently honored for 60 years of service by the Mason' s Golden Rule Lodge. He was a trustee of Stanstead College, President of the Historical Society, member of the Royal Canadian Legion and Founder and President of the Border Curling Club. Mac loved spending time with his family and friends. Mac was an avid outdoorsman who enjoyed many sports including playing semi-pro hockey, golfing at Dufferin Heights, and continued cross country skiing after becoming blind. He will be sadly missed by his adoring wife Joan and his children: John ( Lise) of Swanton Vermont, Heather (Douglas) of Rancho Mirage,California and Keith of Phoenix Arizona; along with his grandchildren Katie and Derek MacDonald of South Burlington, Vermont, his sister Bernice Crawford of Stanstead, many loved nieces, nephews and friends. The family wishes to thank the many dedicated caregivers who provided wonderful care over the years, in particular Wendy Johnson and more recently Sandy Klinck and her staff at the Connaught Home in North Hatley, Quebec. Mac was predeceased by his brothers Stanley and Wilbur, sister Merdina Davidson and his infant son Donald. The funeral service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 16 , 2009, in Christ Church, 550 rue Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. ; In lieu of flowers, contributions made in Mac's memory to the Rotary Club of the Boundary, 4 Principale, Stanstead, Qc. JOB 3E5 or box 662, Derby Line, Vermont 05830-0662 would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog on Friday, July 10, 2009, at the age of 89. Beloved wife of the late Ronald W. Wilson and loving mother of the late Ronald A. Wilson. Dear mother-in-law of Francine. Alice will also be sadly missed by her grandchildren: Joanne (Robert), Patricia (Edmond), and Steve; along with her great-grandchildren: Caitlin, Adam, Thomas and Mathieu, nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. There will be visitation in the presence of her ashes at the Advent Church in Beebe on Friday, July 17 where friends may visit from 1:15 to 2:00 p.m. followed by the service. In lieu of flowers, donations made to the Advent Christian Church, 22 Principal, Beebe, Qc. JOB 3E5 or the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog, 50 St-Patrice Est., Magog, Qc, J1X 3X3 would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. 819-876-5213/www.casshome.ca
- It is with sadness that the Mooney family announces the passing of Jean McLeod peacefully at the Grace Christian Home on June 30, 2009 at the age of 86. Predeceased by her parents Nora Gaul Pringle and George McLeod, and her brother Tom. Beloved wife of the late Harold Mooney and of the late Dr. Thomas Cadman. Survived by her cherished family, sons Christopher, Jeffrey (Grace) and Stephen Mooney, and stepson Robert Cadman (Mary). Loving grandmother to Ryan and Laura Mooney. She leaves behind nieces, nephews, extended family and friends. Visitation will be held at Cass Funeral Home 3006 College St, Sherbrooke (819-564-1750 / www.casshomes.ca) on Friday July 3 from 7-9pm. Service will be at Plymouth Trinity Church 380 Dufferin St, Sherbrooke on Saturday July 4 at 10 am. Internment at St. Michel’s Cemetery Sherbrooke. Donations may be made to The Canadian Cancer Society, 3330, rue King Ouest, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, QC, J1L 1C9 or a charity of your choice.