Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- Passed away peacefully with family by her side at the Wales Home in Richmond on August 14, 2011, Aleta Cleveland age 91. Loving wife of the late Ivan Willey, member of the Royal Rifles, passed away in Hong Kong 1942 and the late Gerald Cleveland of Danville, QC. Dear mother of Harold Willey (Rachel), Joann, Wendy (Brian Lodge), Susan (Carolyn Jewett), Clair (Cindy), Lydia (Hector), Lucy Cleveland (Brian Mastine). Loving grandmother of eight, great grandmother of eleven. Aleta also leaves to mourn many other relatives and friends. Visitation at St. Augustine's Anglican Church, 73 Du Carmel St., Danville on Sunday August 21st, 2011 from 7 to 8:30 pm and on the day of funeral Monday August 22nd, 2011 from 1 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2pm. Rev. Wanda Dillabough officiating. Interment of ashes in the Danville Protestant Cemetery.
- Passed away unexpectedly at the CHUS Fleurimont on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at the age of 53. He will be missed by the mother of his children, Sharron, his children Sarah (Ricky) and Thomas (Samantha), as well as his cherished grand-daughter Evanny May, and loving brothers, Gordie, Gerald (Betty), Alan, and Bill (Marsha). He also leaves to mourn many nieces, nephews, other relatives, and friends. There will be visitation in the presence of his ashes at the funeral home, on Monday, March 21, 2011, where friends may visit from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. A graveside service will be held in the Marlington Cemetery in the spring. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Marlington Cemetery, c/o Mrs. Carolyn Parent, 24 Centre, Stanstead, QC, JOB 3E0, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- On Friday, Aug. 26, 2011, Godfried, at the age of 90 passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont surrounded by his loving family. Godfried Beekers beloved husband of Regina Kretchman and dear father of Theresa, Fred (Danielle),and Diana (Joe). Godfried was the cherished grandfather of Jennifer, Michael, Mindy, Cassy, Christopher, Mitchell and Martin, and of 6 great grandchildren. In respect of Godfried`s wishes a private family service will be held. Memorial tributes in Mr Beekers memory can be made to the Quebec Lung Association, 222-855 Rue Sainte-Catherine E, Montreal, QC, H2L 9Z9. Rust in vrede lieve Vader. Totdat we elkaar weerzien.
- Passed away suddenly on August 20th 2011, at Fitch Bay, one week before his 88th birthday. Predeceased by his wife, Marjorie Beryl Bird (nee Briggs). He will be missed by his children Joanne, Neil (Ursula) and Colin (Laurie-Ann) and his grandchildren, Rachel and Esmé. Brian was born on August 28th 1923. He served as a Royal Marine from 1942 to 1945 where he was released with the rank of Captain. Brian and Beryl Briggs were married in Washington D.C. on December 31st 1949 and shortly thereafter moved to Toronto. In 1950, they moved to Montreal where Brian held a position in the Department of Geography, McGill University. Brian was chairman of the department from 1966 to 1974 and retired in 1988. A memorial service will take place at a later date.
- Passed away at the CHUS Hospital Fleurimont, on Saturday August 13, 2011, at the age of 85, Mrs Simone Bailey Henderson, beloved wife of John Henderson, from Sawyerville. Beloved grandma to Sabrina and Audrey and dear sister to Beatrice (late Romeo), Patricia (late Gilles), late William (Marguerite), late Elena (late Aristide), late Mary (late Edgar), late Omer (late Edith), late Lucienne (late Maurice) and late Delina (late Joseph). Family and friends will meet at the Notre-Dame-du-St-Rosaire Church on Wednesday August 24, 2011 from 10 to 11 am followed by the funeral service at 11am. Burial of ashes at St-Michel Cemetery. Donation in memory of Simone life may be made to the parish of Notre-Dame-du-St-Rosaire, 4 rue Randboro, Sawyerville, QC, J0B 3A0 would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Maison Aube Lumiere on Saturday, June 18, 2011 in her 74th year. Esther was the eldest daughter of the late Harold Bassett and the late Evelyn Jamieson; she is survived by her sisters Alice (Gary) Johnston and Shirley. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Lennoxville where friends may call on Monday, June 20, 2011 from 2 – 4 and 7 – 9 p.m. The funeral service will be held at Lennoxville United Church at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, June 21, 2011. Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment in the Malvern Cemetery. As memorial tributesl, donations may be made to the Lennoxville United Church “Special Projects”, 6 Church St., Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1S9, or to the Maison Aube Lumiere, 220 rue Kennedy Nord, Sherbrooke, QC, J1E 2E7. Shirley would like to thank the friends and neighbours for their support and care with a “Special Thank-You” to Jan Lucia for her thoughtfulness.
- It is with heartfelt sadness that we announce the peaceful passing of Malcolm Bell on June 6, 2011, at the age of 58, With his family by his side he received his wish of being at home until the end. Malcolm will forever be remembered by his loving wife of 32 years Brenda (Baird), his daughters Kimberly (Jarvis) and Samantha (Shayne) and son Christopher. “Poupa”to three treasured grandsons, Landyn, Jayden and Kole. Beloved brother to Brenda Martin (Reginald) and devoted friend to Russell Smith (Chantal), along with countless other family and friends who were blessed to know him. “You earned your gold star Poupa!” Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 900 Clough, Ayer’s Cliff 819-876-5213 / on Thursday, June 9, 2011, where friends may visit from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. A celebration of his life will be held in the funeral home on Friday, June 10, 2011, at 2:00 p.m., with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating. Interment will take place in the Ayer’s Cliff cemetery at a later date. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330 King West, bureau 130, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1L 1C9 or the Ayer’s Cliff Cemetery, c/o Michael Drew, 950 Amy, Ayer’s Cliff, Qc. JOB 1C0, in lieu of flowers, would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- On Monday, May 16, 2011, Lucy Brus Peterson passed away suddenly at her home in Hatley. She was the beloved wife and best friend of Howard Peterson. Cherished mother of Lindsey and Cheryl. Survived and left to mourn by her parents John and Rita Brus along with her sister Diane and brothers, René Gerry, Hans, Charles and their spouses, many nieces, nephews, numerous relatives living in Canada and Holland., and friends. Tragically lost, her presence, humour, laughter and dedication will forever be missed. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home 900 Clough, Ayer’s Cliff, Qc. 819-876-5213 on Sunday, May 22, 2011 where friends may visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and on Monday, May 23 from 1:00 to 1:50, followed by the funeral service in St. Barthelemy at 2:00 p.m. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to the War Amps of Canada, 1 Maybrook Drive, Scarborough, Ont. M1V 5K9 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Peacefully, with dignity, as Annie did with all things in life, she passed away at the Ottawa General Hospital on Monday, February 28. Predeceased by her husband Donald N. Morrison and her two beloved siblings Ishbel MacKenzie and Robert Burnside of the Isle of Lewis, Scotland. Annie is survived by her children; Don ( Jane ), Ann, Mary ( Bob ), Bonnie ( Dave ), her grand-children, Robert, Kenneth, Reid, Jason, Jennifer, Julie, Mike and Paul, her great-granchildren and nieces and nephews. Annie grew up in Back, Isle of Lewis, Scotland and during the Second World War, went to London, England to work for the war effort. There, she met Donald Morrison, a Canadian soldier. She immigrated to Canada as a "War Bride " and they eventually settled in Scotstown, QC. During those years Annie was very active as a member of the church ( Saint Paul's Presbyterian ) as well as the community. She was a Sunday-School teacher for many years, a choir member and active in The Ladies Circle. Annie's pride in her Scottish culture and mother tongue were evident when she and Donald attended all the Scottish Games and she taught Gaelic to all who wished to learn. Our Sincere thanks to The Glebe Center, Ottawa and the Palliative Care Unit, 5th Floor NW at the Ottawa General Hospital. Annie leaves a legacy of kindness--as one grandchild said " She was the sweetest, gentlest lady I've ever known " - a sentiment shared by her entire family. A private family burial will take place. A memorial service and reception will be held Saturday, May 14 at 1 p.m. at the St-Andrew's Presbyterian Church, 256 Queen St. Sherbrooke, QC. In lieu of flowers, for those who wish, memorial donations may be made to the Lingwick Cemetery c/o Lena Morrison, 444 Rte 161 N, Stornoway, QC G0Y 1N0
- With family by her side, on Thursday, February 10, 2011 at the age of 97 years, passed away peacefully away Sylvia Bélanger, beloved wife of the late Albert Hatch. Beloved mother of the late Judith ( Walter "Bill" ) McComb, cherished grandmother of Gary Bowers ( Maureen ), Diane ( Brian ), Steve ( Shelley ), Lori ( Jeff ), Kim ( Phil ) and her loving great grandchildren Katie, Lisa, Melissa, Mikey, Glenn, Jenny, Phillipe, Danielle, Steffany, Matthew, Mackenzie, Ashley, Katie and Braedon and her great great grandson Jacob. Visitation will be held at St. Patrick's church, 20 Gordon St. Sherbrooke, QC on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 from 1:30 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm. Father Pierre Doyon officiating. Interment in the St-Michel Cemetery.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond, QC on January 31, 2011, at the age of 92 with family by her side. Dorothy was the beloved wife of the late Edgar Stracchino and youngest daughter of the late Maude and Asher Bryant. She leaves to mourn many nephews and nieces, other relatives and friends. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke ( Lennoxville ) on Saturday February 5, 2011 from 12:30 to 2 pm followed by the funeral service at 2 pm in the chapel. Robert Burns officiating. Interment in the Elmwood Cemetery. Memorial tributes in Dorothy's memory may be made to the Elmwood Cemetery, Box 751 Place de la Cite, Sherbrooke, QC J1H 5K7, or to the Canadian Sunday School Mission ( Camp Livingstone ), 61 Rene, Canton Stanstead, QC J1X 3W2 would be gratefully acknowledged by the family.
- Went to her rest after a long courageous battle in the Paliative Care Unit of the Magog Hospital, on January 15, 2011 at the age of 59. Daughter of the late Frederick Biggs and the late Ethel Waterhouse. She leaves to mourn her beloved husband David and their four children David ( Natalie ), Dan ( Tracey ), Sherri (James ) and Stephanie ( Rocky ) as well as her devoted niece Donna who was by her bedside everyday. She was a loving and devoted grandmother to Danielle, Nathaniel, Dihlan and Nicolas and soon to arrive baby Baker. Sister of Forest Biggs ( Jo-Ann ) and the late Mae- Glee Willis ( Johnny). Gay will be sadly missed by many other relatives and friends. Visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke ( Lennoxville ) on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 from 7 to 9 pm and at the Lennoxville United Church on January 20, 2011 from 12 to 1 pm followed by the funeral service at 1 pm. Pastor Hector Hurado officiating. Burial at the Abercorn Cemetery at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Canadian Cancer Society, 3330, King West, Suite 130, Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1C9 would be appreciated by the family .
- On December 23rd, 2011 surrounded by her family, Lillian Rose Skerrett, passed away at the age of 83. Loving wife of the late Reynold James Skerrett, and devoted mother of Brenda, the late Reynold Jr., Geoffrey, Barbara, Michael, Estelle, and Allison Skerrett. Dear Grandmother of Maya, Sabrina, Jessica, Jaison, Kira, Maxime, Jasmine, Tara, Andrew, Christopher, Alex, Leah, Brendan, Jordan, Edison, Elliott, Evan and Karine. Great grandmother to Quincy, lziah, Kian, Brenton, Madisson, Sophia, and Tia. A memorial service will be held on Friday, Dec 30, 2011, 11:00 at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah Witness, 5250 Boul Grand Allee, Saint-Hubert, QC.
(1930 - 2011) - Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu, Sherbrooke, on Wednesday, October 5th, 2011 at the age of 81. Husband of Shirley Trevail and father of Cheryl (Jacques Arel ), Louise ( Cameron Palmer ) and WO Mary Jane Beasley. Grandfather of Amanda, Jon, Sean and Meaghan. David also leaves to mourn his nephew, Rick Trevail and family; sisters Ruth, Josephine ( John McLeary ) and Elizabeth, along with many other nieces, nephews, relatives and friends. A funeral service will be held at St-Augustine's Anglican Church, 73 Du carmel St., Danville, on Monday, October 10th, 2011 at 2:00 pm with Rev Wanda Dillabough officiating. Interment in the Danville Protestant Cemetery. Donations to the Canadian Cancer Society would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond on Thursday, September 29th, 2011 at the age of 94. Loving wife of the late Alfred Whittingstall and dear mother of Douglas ( Sherrill ), Terry ( Lucie ), Wayne, Lynne ( Raymond Fortier ) and Bruce. Special Grannie to 8 granchildren, 9 great grandchildren and 1 great great grandaughter. Harriet also leaves to mourn, her sister Kathleen Taylor alond with many nieces, nephews and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295, Principale S., Richmond where friends may visit on Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 from 7 to 9 pm and Monday, October 3rd from 1 to 2 pm. Funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Monday at 2 pm with Rev. Wanda Dillabough officiating. Interment in Gallup Hill Cemetery. Donations to the Wales Home, 506 Rte 243 N. Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away peacefully, with her family by her side, at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu, Sherbrooke, on Friday September 2nd, 2011, Clarissa Boisvert at the age of 84. loving wife of Peter (Hilaire) Boisvert, and dear mother of Alice (Donald Mills), Peter (Carol), Dawn (Roy Starkey) and Clarissa (Bruce Roberts) and of the late Helen (Pete Johnston), the late Barbara and of the late Betty Ann. Beloved grandmother of Kimberley (Lorne Powell), Kevin, Kristina (Denis Lussier), Jo-Anne (Pat Montgomery), Jason, Terry (Sheila), Tammy Johnston, Dan (Angie), Clint (Ann Marie) and Kurt (Priscilla). Clarissa also leaves to mourn her 9 great grandchildren, along with her brother Charles Bean (Sharron), many nieces, nephews, relatives and dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Pincipale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Tuesday September 7th from 1 to 3 PM. A graveside service will be held at St-Andrews Cemetery, Melbourne, on Tuesday September 7th at 3:00PM. Donations to the Canadian Cancer Society would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond, on Saturday December 17th, 2011, Mary Cross at the age of 102. Daughter of the late Alvah Cross and the late Eva Smith, and sister of the late Kenneth Cross (Doris) and the late Harry Cross (Dorothy). Mary leaves to mourn her several nieces and nephews along with many friends. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, on Tuesday December 20th from 7 to 9 PM, and on Wednesday from 1 to 2 PM. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Wednesday December 21st at 2:00PM with Rev. Wanda Dillabough officiating. Interment in the Kirkdale cemetery. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away after a long battle with illness on November 3, 2011 in his 87th year. Beloved husband of Margaret Dewing for 65 years. Father of Linda and Dallas ( Carolyn ). Grandfather to Jason ( Michelle ), Greg ( Shannon ) Finlay, Sheila ( Garth ) Smith and Melanie. Great grandfather of Raegan, Kylie, Colby and twins Serena and Tyler. Brother-in-law to Howard Dewing. No visitation. Cremation has taken place. Burial will take place at a later date.
- Entered into eternal rest at the Wales Home, Richmond, QC, Monday October 24, 2011 in her 90th year. Beloved wife of the late Clayton Parker, dear mother of Marilyn, Gloria (Barry Loveland), Rodney (Barbara) and Gordon (Marisa). Ferne will be sadly missed by her grandchildren Tara (Cory) Pandoff, Johnna Olsson, Chad and Nicholas Loveland, Shaun, Shem and Mykel Parker and great grandson Zachary Pandoff. She also left to mourn many friends, nieces and nephews. Resting at the Cass funeral home, 15 Station St., Sawyerville, where friends may call on Thursday October 27, 2011 from 7 to 9 pm and on Friday October 28, 2011 from 1 to 2 pm, followed by the funeral service at 2pm with Rev. Wanda Dillabough officiating. Interment in the Maple Leaf Cemetery. In lieu of Flowers, donations in her memory to the Maple Leaf Cemetery c/o Linda Fisk, 67 Robert Peel St., Sherbrooke, QC, J1M 1X5.
- Passed away at the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog after a short illness on Saturday, October 15, 2011 at the age of 91. Cherished husband of Madelyn Bullock for 63 years and precious father of Jim (Judy) and Mary (jim)., Raymond will also be sadly missed by his six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren along with nieces, nephews, and many friends.. A service will be held in in presence of his ashes at the Stanstead South United church on Thursday, October 20, 2011, at 3:00 p.m. with Reverend Barbara Wintle officiating. A reception will be held in the basement of the church where friends and family may visit after the service. Donations to a charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- After a brave and courageous battle with Parkinson's , Ron passed away peacefully at the CSSS in Coaticook. He leaves to mourn and will be sadly missed by his loving wife Nancy Humphrey, his mother Margaret Cote and his father the late James, his brother Douglas ( Susan ), his children Joshua and Stephanie, his father-in-law and mother-in-law Gordon and Irene Humphrey, his sister-in-laws Lana ( Danny ), and Norma ( Roger ), his niece Taylor, his nephews Douglas, Jacob, Cedric, Trevor, Michel and Mathieu and friends. There will be a visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke on Monday, August 22, 2011 from 7 to 9 pm. A funeral service will be held on Tuesday, August 23, 2011at 2 pm in the funeral home chapel. Rev. Wendy Evans officiating. Interment in the Reedsville Cemetery. The professional care and compassion of the staff at CSSS - Coaticook towards Ron was greatly appreciated by the family. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the CSSS de la MRC of Coaticook Foundation, 138 Jeanne-Mance St., Coaticook, QC, J1A 1W3 would be appreciated by the family.
- Peacefully in Ottawa on Saturday, July 16,2011, William Wilfred Cork, at the age of 65. Beloved husband of Linda Cork ( nee Lasenba ). Loving father of Ivan Cork ( Penny Ward ), Spencer Berwick and Kim Berwick-Manderson ( Pat Kinnear ). Predeceased by his son Dexter Berwick. Cherished grandad of Patrick Berwick, Ryan, Kyle and Kevin Cork, Tyler and Connor Manderson and Tyler Kinnear. A visitation will be held on Saturday, July 23, 2011 at the Cass Funeral Home, 50 Craig St. Cookshire, QC from 2 to 4 pm followed by the interment at the Bury Protestant Cemetery. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Bury Cemetery, c/o Valerie McLeod, 568 Main St. Bury, QC J0B 1J0 would be appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully in the presence of his family at the CHUS Fleurimont on Wednesday, July 6, 2011, at the age of 84. Beloved husband of the mother of his children, the late Vera Way and loving husband of Florence French. Cherished father of: Gerald (Doris), the late James (Janet), Edmond (Cindy), Donald (Linda), and Jane (Michel) ;Dear step-father of: Karen (Donald), Marlene (Richard), Mervin, Steven (Roxanne), John (Lynda), and Cheryl (the late Leslie). Adoring grandfather of 29 grand-children, 18 great-grandchildren. Precious brother of : the late William (Doris), the late Bea (the late Roy), Elwood (the late Rita, the late Claudia (John), and Benjamin (May), Durwood will also be sadly missed by many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. There will be visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead 819-876-5213/www.casshomes.ca in the presence of his ashes on Monday, July 11, 2011 where friends may come to visit from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. A celebration of his life will be held in Christ Church on Tuesday, July 12, at 2:00 p.m., followed by interment in Maple Hill Cemetery. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to a charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully on Friday June 17th, 2011, Wilma Gingras at the age of 89. Loving wife of the late Leonard Gingras, and dear mother of Maureen Gingras (Luc Rouillard). Wilma also leaves to mourn, her grandchildren Shannon ( George Dumais ) and Jimmy Joyce ( Jessica Jolin ), and her nephew Michael Gingras (Virginia) along with many dear friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), where friends may visit on Tuesday June 28th from 7 to 9 PM and on Wednesday from 2 to 4 PM. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Wednesday June 29th at 4PM with Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment in the Malvern cemetery at a later date. Donations to the charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully with the caring nursing staff at her side in the C.S.S.S. Memphremagog at the age of 96. Beloved wife of the late Joseph Chartier who passed at the age of 61. Gladys shared her home and life for several years with her dear friend Clarence Bice who passed away two years ago. She leaves to mourn many nieces and nephews in the Calloway family both locally and in Alberta. She is a legend who is known as a doer and a giver in this area. She was noted as the Beebe Elementary School Lunch cook making outstanding meals for so many children over the years. She will also be sadly missed by many friends in this community and beyond. Goodbye to our dear friend, Gladys Chartier. A graveside service will take place at Marlington Cemetery on Saturday, June 11, 2011, at 2:30 p.m. with Rev. Doreen Moffat officiating.