Searching this page will only find
what you can see on the page.
To search inside all obituaries,
first they must all be visiable.
This can be easily done by
clicking on the small gray square
just below the ABC in the upper
right corner of the page.
NEKG of Vermont does not own copyright to the information on this page.
Each obituary on this page belongs to the originator.
Obituaries are created by the deceased or relatives of the deceased
with the help of funeral homes and are published with the intent of
informing the public of its content.
NEKG (NorthEast Kingdom Genealogy)
of Vermont does own this particular collection, transcription and the
presentation of these materials.
You will need to log in as either Member
or as Guest
in order to view obituaries.
Go back to the Obituaries Index page
to get the guest login information.
- Passed away peacefully at home on Thursday, April 21, 2011 in her 89th year. Beloved wife of the late Albert Gass Senior. Dear and loving mother of: Christian (Marjorie), Sylvia (Brian), Peter (Wendy), Albert Jr. (Manon), Monica, Lukas (Toni) and Markus (Sandra); cherished grandmother of 15 and great-grandmother of 2. Gertrude will also be sadly missed by her sister, as well as many nieces, nephews, other relatives in Switzerland, and numerous friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College, Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), 819-564-1750/www.casshomes.ca on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 where friends may visit from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. followed by the funeral service in the chapel with Reverend James Potter officiating. Interment will take place in the Johnville cemetery. As a tribute to her memory, donations made to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, 2630 King Ouest, bureau 100, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 2H1would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont on Saturday March 26th, 2011 at the age of 88. Loving husband of 64 years to Maria (Tiny) Schnakkers, and dear father of Isabelle (Albert), Lambert (Margaret), Marie (Brian), Nico (Denise), Joe (Sandy), Nellie (Bruce), John, Shirley, and Henry (Lisa). Henri also leaves to mourn his 25 grandchildren, and 16 great grandchildren, along with many nieces and nephews in Holland, and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, where friends may visit on Thursday March 31st from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 PM. A funeral mass will be held at Ste-Bibiane Catholic church on Friday April 1st at 11:00AM, followed by the interment in St-Bibiane Cemetery. Donations to the Diabetes Association, 600 Woodward St., Bureau 100, Sherbrooke, QC J1G 1W3 would be greatly appreciated by the family
- Passed away at the CHUS Hôtel-Dieu, on Monday, February 7, 2011 at the age of 73 years. Beloved husband of Jeannine Poulin and loving father of Alain ( Cindy Troyer ), Pierre ( Line Lavertu ), Tina ( Alain Bélanger ), Steve ( Courtney Williams ) and predeceased by his son Daniel. Hubert leaves to mourn his brother Russell Smith ( Aline Bélanger ), his grandchildren Roxanne Bernier Smith, Tammy-Lee Bernier Smith, Jesse Smith and Angela Smith, his great granddaughter Kayla Smith as well as his brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law Nasha Poulin ( Denis Dupras ),Danielle Poulin, Gilles Poulin ( Vicky ), Florence Poulin, Theresa Poulin ( Bob ) and Robert Poulin, his nephews, nieces other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke ( Lennoxville) on Friday, February 11, 2011 from 9 to 11 am followed by the funeral service in the chapel at 11 am. Father Pierre Doyon officiating. Interment in the Compton Catholic Cemetery at a later date.
- Passed away at the Coaticook Hospital on Thursday, May 26, 2011, at the age of 94. Beloved wife of the late Herman Sisco and cherished mother of Roger (Linn), Danny (Jeannette), and Ann (Maurice); loving grandmother of Sara (DavidMusgrave), Angela Kaye, Aaron Sevret, Guy Vachon, Monica Sisco, and Megan Sisco. Lucy will also be sadly missed by her great-grandchildren: Natasha, Dylan Alexa, Caleb, Mackenzie, Logan, Matthew, Brycen, and Gavin, along with many nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 545 Dufferin, Stanstead, Qc. on Monday,May 30, 2011, from 2:00 to 4:00 and 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.. Also on Tuesday, May 31, 2011, from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. followed by a service in the funeral home. Interment will take place in the Crystal Lake Cemetery.
- Passed away peacefully at the Wales Home, Richmond, on Sunday January 23, 2011 in her 102nd year. Beloved wife of the late Elmer Crack. Loved mother of Wayne (Sylvia) and the late Wilma. Dear grandmother of Doug, Maureen, Valerie, Shelley, Michael and Grant. Also survived by 13 great-grandchildren and 3 great-great-grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews. Visitation at the Cass Funeral Home, 295 Principale S., Richmond, on Friday January 28th, 2011 from 7 to 9 PM and on Saturday from 12:30 to 1:45 PM. A funeral service will be held on Saturday January 29th at 2:00 PM in the Richmond-Melbourne United Church with the Rev. Valerie Vande Wiele officiating. Interment in the Melbourne Ridge Cemetery in the spring. Donations to the Wales Home Foundation, 506 Rte 243N, Richmond, QC J0B 2H0 would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away at the Hotel Dieu Hospital on Friday, December 30, 2011, at the age of 69. Herbert Thompson Jr. was the beloved husband of the late Joyce Sylvester and was the loving companion of Isabelle Taillon. Dear father of Penny (John Markey), Patti (Paul Audit), Peggy (David Coates), and Anthony (Charlene Olson); Cherished grandfather of: Raymond, Hilary, Jesse, the late Dustin, Samantha, Jennifer-Ann, Joey, Tanya, and J.D. ;Herbert will also be sadly missed by his great-grandchild Deejay Therrien, along with his brother Paul (Solange Blais), other relatives and many friends. Resting at the St. Paul’s Anglican Church, 588 Main, Bury, where friends may call on Wednesday, Januauy 4, 2012 , from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. and on Thursday, January 5, 2012, from 1-2:30 p.m. followed by the funeral service at 2:30 p.m. .Interment will be held in the Bury cemetery at a later date. As a tribute to his memory, donations made to the Light Horse Committee of the Cookshire Fair, c/o Shanna Loach, 1750 Ch. McVety, Waterville, Qc, JOB 3H0 or the CHUS Foundation, 3001 12e Ave. Nord, Sherbrooke, Qc. J1H 5N4 , would be greatly appreciated by the family. Arrangements entrust to the Cass Funeral Home, Sherbrooke.
- Peacefully at the Grace Christian Home, on Monday, November 21, 2011 at the age of 95. Marion Thomas beloved wife of the late Norman Buchanan and dear mother of Wilfred (Sheila Harris), Douglas (Annette Rheault) and Carol. Cherished grandmother of Joel (Sofi Brazzeal), Daniel (Lexie Williams), Jennifer, Philip (Cathie Simard), Matthew (Lisa), Julie and Eric Nowak and great grandmother of Andy Buchanan. Marion also leaves to mourn her brother-in-law Frank Buchanan (Polly), her dear friend Marj Robbins along with her nieces, nephews and many friends. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), on Saturday, November 26, 2011 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm and also on Sunday, November 27, 2011 from 12:00 to 1:45 pm followed by the funeral service at the Hope Community Church, 104 Queen St. Sherbrooke (Lennoxville), at 2 pm. Interment in the Huntingville Cemetery. The family would like to thank all the staff at the Grace Christian Home for the wonderful care given to Marion. As memorial tributes, donation to the Dr. W.J. Klinck Foundation - Grace Christian Home, 1501 rue Campbell, Sherbrooke, QC J1M 0C1 would be appreciated.
- Peacefully at the Maison Aube Lumière, on August 6, 2011 in his 73rd year. Dear son of of the Jean-Louis Vallée and the late Adrienne Richard. Beloved husband of Linda York Vallée and dear father of Mary Louise ( the late Normand Jaques ), Annette ( Nelson Tincarre ), Mark ( Isabelle Vallée ), Jean ( Brandy Smyth ) and Mario. Cherished grandfather of Danny, Bobby, Melyssa, Tylor, Toni-Anne, Nik, Devin, Darren, Marie-Frederique, Benjamin, Elijah and Jaya and great-grandfather of Mary-Lee, Andrea and Jared. Marcel also leaves to mourn his brothers and sisters Viateur ( Aline Gosselin ), Jeanine ( Armand Fortier ), Monique ( Guy Boucher ), Madeleine ( Patrice Audet ), Jean-Guy (Jasmine Lacroix ), Robert ( Lise Grenier ), Lilliane ( Robert Pinet ), and Roger ( Lillie Lachance ) and many nieces, nephews and friends. Resting at the St. Paul's Catholic Church, Scotstown, on Saturday, August 27, 2011 from 9 to 11 am followed by the funeral service at 11 am. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home 819-564-1750 www.casshomes.ca The family wishes to thank the staff at the Maison Aube-Lumière for the excellent care given to Mr Vallée and also a thank you to our daughter Annette and the CLSC nurses for the wonderful care that was provided during his six week stay at home . Also to our son Mark who stayed with Marcel day and night in his last weeks.
- Passed away peacefully at the CHUS Fleurimont on May 18, 2011 at the age of 73. Beloved husband of Helen Brazel Vachon and dear father of Clifford ( Tina ) and Penny Lafontaine ( Perry ), the late Rhonda Suitor, Sherri Reed ( Fred ), Michael Vachon and the late Richard Vachon. Chuck leaves to mourn his brothers Emilien ( Hélène ), Jules ( Annette ), René ( Odile ), Paul ( Cécile ), Michel ( Sylvia ), and his sister Aline Vachon. He also leaves behind his grandchildren Shelley, Shannon, Katie, Mitchell, Cole, Erica and Sam, his nieces, nephew and good friends Fred Cross and Ron Murphy. A graveside service will be held on Sunday, May 22, 2011 at 3:30 pm at the Malvern Cemetery, Lennoxville. Rev James Potter officiating. Donations to La Maison Aube-Lumière, 220, Kennedy St. North, Sherbrooke, QC J1E 2E7 would be appreciated. Thanks to the staff on the 6th floor at the CHUS Fleurimont for the excellent care given.
- Passed away at the Hotel Dieu Hospital, Sherbrooke, QC, on Sunday, October 9th, 2011 at the age of ninety years. Mary was the beloved daughter of the late Guy Woodard and the late Grace Reed and loving wife of the late Gordon Bean. She was the dear mother of Tom ( Wenda ), Kathleen ( Tony ), Chris ( Judy ), Fred ( Monique ), Greg ( Bonnie ) and Nick. She will also be sadly missed by Helene. Mary Jean was the cherished grandmother of 11 grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren, along with several nieces and nephews. She is survived by her sisters Betty ( Steve ) Holmes, Barbara ( Stewart ) Reed and Nancy ( Ken ) Elliot, predeceased by her sister Jo-Anne Rand ( Tom ) and brother Philip. Woodard ( Beryl ). Mary Jean was a well respected teacher who taught at the North Hatley Consolidation School and Alexander Galt. Internment at the Reedsville Cemetery, Friday, October 28, 2011 at 3 PM. Reception to follow at the North Hatley Community Club to celebrate her life. Arrangements entrusted to the Cass Funeral Home 3006 College St. Sherbrooke, QC J1M 1T9 819-564-1750 www.casshomes.ca
- At Lakeridge Health Bowmanville, Bowmanville, Ontario on Sunday, October 9, 2011, Bernice Wilkin at age 86. Beloved wife of the late Clinton Beattie. Dear mother of Marion, Priscilla, Linda (Jack), James (Jean), Richard (Sherrilynn). Predeceased by daughter Betty Ann. Will also be missed by her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Internment of ashes with Rev. Wanda Dillabough officiating, at Danville Protestant Cemetery, Danville, Quebec, on October 29th, at 2pm.
- Passed away peacefully at La Providence Hospital Magog, Que on Monday, October 3, 2011 at the age of 88. Laura was the loving wife of the late Elwood McKnight and dear mother of Eleanor, ( late Robert Boomhour ), Geraldine ( late Wayne Shelden ) and Douglas ( Ginette ). Laura was the cherished grandmother of 6 grandchildren and of 8 great grandchildren. She was the loving sister of the late Charles ( Mavis ), late Richard ( late Gaetane ), Rose ( late Donald Rodgers ), Alice ( late Gerald Fullum ), Edward Digby ( Helen ), Alberta ( late Albert Crawford ) and sister-in-law to Wendell McKnight ( Gwen ) and Mavis Worsley ( Charles ). Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St. Sherbrooke ( Lennoxville ) where friends may call on Thursday, October 6, 2011 from 10 to 11 am followed by the funeral service at 11 am. Rev Barbara Wintle officiating. Interment in the Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley. As memorial tributes, donations to the Reedsville Cemetery, c/o Art Cheal, 45 Rte 143, Canton de Hatley, QC J0B 2C0 would be gratefully acknowledged.
- Norman “Dinty” Ward June 12, 1924 – September 30, 2011 “Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth… Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.” Norman Wendell Thomas Ward, fondly known by friends and family as “Dinty”, a nickname given him by his late father, Wendell, died peacefully in bed at the Grace Christian Home in Lennoxville, Quebec. He was 87. A veteran of World War II, and a retired farmer from Sawyerville, he is greatly missed by his four daughters, Melanie, Marlene, Alison and Marybeth, as well as his seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. Beloved brother to the “Ward” girls, he leaves behind Kathleen Hurd, Betty Ward, Joyce Hayward, Janice Graham and Gladys Taylor. He is resting at the Cass Funeral Home in Lennoxville with visitation scheduled for Monday, October 3, 2011 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., followed by a communion service on Tuesday, October 4, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. Rev. Wanda Dillabough officiating. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Alzheimer’s Society, 375, Rue Argyll, Édifice Norton, Local 0725, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 3H5 would be appreciated.
- Born May 4, 1937 in Edinburgh, Scotland. Liz passed on May 16 after a courageous battle with cancer. She is predeceased by Robert Mason and leaves to mourn their children: Ivy (Patrick Hayes), Mark (Darlene Keenan), Tim (Lisa Coddington) and Nathan (Janice Parker); and grandchildren: Nick and Katie Hayes; Kacie, Cody, Roman, Jasmine, Levi, Summer and Thomas Mason. Liz is survived by her sister Helen (Spafford) and is predeceased by her sisters Margaret (McKean) and Mary (Kennedy), and brothers Bill and Charlie. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at St. Anne’s Church in Richmond, Sat. May 21 at 3 pm with friends being received from 2-3 pm. The ashes will be taken to Scotland later. The family extends their heartfelt thanks to the Wales Home personnel who gave Liz such exceptional care. Those wishing to honour Liz’s memory may give a donation to The Wales Home (506 Rte 243 Cleveland, Qc J0B 2H0) or St. Anne’s Anglican Church (171 Main St. Richmond, Qc J0B 2H0).
- At the Maison- Aubé Lumiére, after a brief but very courageous battle of cancer, Sunday March 20, 2011 at the age of 80 years. Predeceased by her father Ernest Whittingham and her mother Winnifred Perkins. Beloved wife of the late Harry MacIver. Loving mother of Gary ( Christine ), Janet ( Roy Sears ), Peter ( Donna Bennett ), deceased son Kenneth, Nancy ( Danny Connor ), Laura ( Ronnie Lloyd ) and Thelma ( Troy Murdock ). Loving grandmother of 16 grandchildren and 15 great grandchildren. Also loving sister of Ruth Gillies and sister-in-law Connie Whittingham. Predeceased by brothers Jack, Maurice, Chum, Robert and Harold. Mary will be missed by her nieces and nephews. At the request of the deceased there will be no visitation. A graveside funeral at a later date. Donations can be made to La Maision Aube-Lumière, 220 Kennedy N. Sherbrooke, Que. J1E 2E7 would be greatly appreciated.
- Passed away at the C.H.U.S. Fleurimont Sherbrooke, on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 in her 87th year. Beloved wife of the late Clement Mallalieu and the late William " Bill " Henry Black. Nora leaves to mourn her daughter Sue ( Derrick ) and her son Jim ( Pam ). She was predeceased by her brothers Donald and Herbert Wilson and her parents Isabel and James Wilson. A funeral service will be held at the Lennoxville United Church, 6 Church St. Sherbrooke ( Lennoxville) on Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 11 am with Rev. James Potter officiating. Interment at the Malvern Cemetery in the spring. In lieu of flowers, donations to the Lennoxville United Church would be appreciated.
- Peacefully at the Hôtel-Dieu Hospital on Wednesday, February 2, 2011, at the age of 65, George E. Weston beloved husband of Pat Tessier and was the loving son of the late Roy Weston and the late Lillian Crook. George was predeceased by his sister, Carol ( Urbain Cryan ) and he is survived by several nieces and nephews. Resting at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke ( Lennoxville ) where friends may call on Monday, February 7, 2011, from 2 to 4 pm. Interment will be at the St. Paul's Anglican Cemetery Marbleton at a later date. As memorial tributes, donations to the SPCA, 1139 Queen Victoria BLVD, Sherbrooke, QC J1J 4N5 would be gratefully appreciated by the family.
- At the Drummondville Hospital, on Thursday January 27, 2011, at the age of 79, Patricia Ellen Westgate, beloved daughter of Vera Painter and the late Byron Maple Westgate. Pat was predeceased by her husband, Fraser McLeod, and was the loving mother of Cathy (Paul Innes) and the late Robert. Cherished grandmother of Patricia, Maeghan and Kaitlyn Innes and Christopher and Matthew McLeod. Pat is also survived by her brother Mailin (Mavis) and her sisters Norma (John Gill), Ilah (Bruce Batley) and Linda (Leslie MacLeod). A graveside service will be held at a later date.
- SYoung Daigneault, Hilda Mae - Passed away peacefully at the Victoria Hospital, London Ontario, on Sunday May 29th, 2011, in her 87th year. Cherished mother of Betty (Arlie), Sherbrooke QC, Sidney (Margaret), London ON, Blanche (Bernard), Sherbrooke QC and Gloria (Al), London ON. Also loved by her seven grandchildren, ten great-grandchildren, her brother Mervin (Shirley), her nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) where friends may visit on Friday June 3rd from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm, and on Saturday from 2:30 to 3:30 pm. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Saturday June 4th at 3:30 pm with Melvyn Byrant officiating. Interment in Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley, QC. Donations to the charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Passed away peacefully at the Victoria Hospital, London Ontario, on Sunday May 29th, 2011, in her 87th year. Cherished mother of Betty (Arlie), Sherbrooke QC, Sidney (Margaret), London ON, Blanche (Bernard), Sherbrooke QC and Gloria (Al), London ON. Also loved by her seven grandchildren, ten great-grandchildren, her brother Mervin (Shirley), her nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. Visitation will be held at the Cass Funeral Home, 3006 College St., Sherbrooke (Lennoxville) where friends may visit on Friday June 3rd from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 pm, and on Saturday from 2:30 to 3:30 pm. A funeral service will be held at the funeral home on Saturday June 4th at 3:30 pm with Melvyn Byrant officiating. Interment in Reedsville Cemetery, North Hatley, QC. Donations to the charity of your choice would be greatly appreciated by the family.
- Suddenly at the Hôtel-Dieu hospital, Sherbrooke, on Sunday, April 3, 2011 at the age of 68. George is survived by his loving companion Frances Garfat and his children Debbie, Ronnie, Mary and Tammy. George is also survived by his sister Jean ( Stewart Hartley ) and was predeceased by his brothers Willard ( Irene Morrison ), David and also by his sister Doreen. George also leaves to mourn his grandchildren, nieces, nephews and his aunts Eileen Drew and Ina Young. In respect of George's wishes, cremation was held . There will be no visitation or funeral service. Interment will be at a later date.